- What is the best way to store gluten-free bread?
- What is the best way to defrost frozen gluten-free bread?
- Are all your products made in a certified Gluten-Free facility?
Yes! We have been audited and certified by GFCP and GFCO. We also regularly test our loaves at the bakery and have them tested by a third party to make sure your product is always Gluten-Free!
- Does Little Northern Bakehouse use genetically modified ingredients (GMO's)?
Never! We prefer to keep things au naturel. Little Northern Bakehouse stays far from genetically modified organisms and we are verified by the Non-GMO Project. Our grains, along with all our ingredients, are certified non-GMO.
- Do your delicious, gluten-free products contain peanuts or other tree-nuts…or any common allergens for that matter?
Not a chance. You can rest assured that all of our products are allergy-friendly and safe for you, your family and friends. All of our products are free from: peanuts, tree-nuts, milk, eggs, wheat (gluten), soy, coconut and sesame!
- So, you’re Plant-Based…What does that mean?
Plant-based means that we are made with just the goodness of plants, without eggs or dairy. It is one of our core values that we love to share.
- What is the shelf-life of Little Northern Bakehouse Products?
Our products will stay fresh and delicious for 9 days—post-thaw if purchased fresh, or until the best-before date—at room temperature! If you’re not sharing and need to store it for later, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Are all Little Northern Bakehouse products verified non-GMO by the non-GMO Project?
You bet! All of our products go through mandatory testing to be verified. We also follow strict practices to ensure we keep those pesky GMOs off your table. Our verification is maintained through an annual audit, and more often inspections for high-risk products.
- Why do you use honey in your Sprouted Honey Oat loaf?
It’s important to us to bring attention to, and to support, sustainable and ethical practices. We love bees and so does the organization GloryBee! GloryBee believes in raising awareness, educating and preserving safe and ethical honey practices. We only use honey from GloryBee to add a touch of natural sweetness to your loaf and to aid in sustaining and supporting their work in protecting the bee population.
- What is Sprouted?
When you sprout a whole grain, you unlock the valuable nutrients, making them easier for the body to digest while retaining all their nutrition and fibre!
- Where can I find you?
Our products are found at many national stores and a lot of independent natural food stores across Canada and the US. You can plug your zip/postal code into our Store Finder and find a list of retailers nearest you!
If you can’t seem to find a store closest to you, try suggesting it to the store manager at your local store or hop on over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you find us!