Transform a plain Jane hot dog with the spicy delight of this quick Gluten-free Coconut Curry Hot Dog recipe. Tantalize your tastebuds with a symphony of flavour and texture contrasts! Creamy curried cauliflower and potato are infused with warm, aromatic Indian spices. Handfuls of crunchy cabbage add complementary crunch. And zesty vegan chutney mayo pairs with herbaceous cilantro to round out this unexpected combination of flavours. All piled together on a soft and deliciously gluten-free Little Northern Bakehouse Millet & Chia Hot Dog Bun, this vegan coconut curry hot dog is a gluten-free taste sensation sure to deliver the joy of the real thing.
- Boil the potato with salt in a medium saucepan and cook until almost tender. Add the cauliflower and cook until both vegetables are fork-tender. Then drain and set aside.
- On medium heat, add oil to the saucepan and cook the onion with a pinch of salt until softened. Lower the heat and continue cooking until it begins to brown.
- Add curry paste, ground turmeric, and coconut milk and cook together until well mixed.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, and peas and cook until the peas warm through.
- Mix together the vegan mayonnaise and chutney and set aside.
- Warm the gluten-free Millet & Chia hot dog buns and your hot dog or sausage using your favourite method. Layer the sausage in the bun with your prepared curry, cabbage and cilantro and drizzle with the chutney mayonnaise.
- Serve and enjoy!
Get memorable must-try gluten-free inspiration in your inbox—scroll down to sign up for the Little Northern Bakehouse newsletter. And follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook to add gluten-free goodness to your feed!