Bursting with the fall flavours you love, this Easy Gluten-free Cranberry Apple Stuffing is sure to become your new favourite holiday dish. Apples and cranberries make for a refreshing twist on this gluten-free variation of classic stuffing.
Often, festive, holiday-themed recipes can be complex and take way too long. But not this one! This easy gluten-free vegan stuffing is ready in just 5 steps. (Super simple!) It’s the perfect plant-based gluten-free side dish to serve at your next Thanksgiving or holiday dinner.
This recipe—fantastic as is—serves as a great base for those who like to get creative in the kitchen. Make it your own by experimenting with different variations using your favourite fruits, vegetables, and seeds. All you need to do is switch up your ingredients for step 3.
- Make a flax egg by combining ground flaxseeds with water and let stand for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Spread bread cubes on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350℉ oven until they begin to crisp. Set aside to cool.
- In a skillet, soften the celery and shallots in olive oil and add apples and spices, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl along with the flax egg, broth, bread cubes and cranberries. Mix well before transferring to a greased casserole dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until stuffing is set and the top is golden brown. Garnish with dried cranberries and fresh sage.
- Serve & enjoy!