What’s better than a vegan grilled cheese or a plant-based burger? How about a combination of both? How about an Easy Plant-based Burger on Gluten-free Grilled Cheese Buns—a bold vegan burger creation with amazing flavour in every bite.
Get the best of both worlds with this delicious, healthy, plant-based burger on gluten-free grilled cheese buns. Level up your burger game—swap your bun for a pair of easy-to-make vegan grilled cheese sandwiches! Build this game-changing burger and sandwich-as-a-bun combo with the recipes below, and experience the joy of the real thing for yourself! It can be a bit messy—but it’s worth it!
For the Plant-based Burger Patty
- Pick up your favourite vegan burger patties or try our Chickpea Burger (In which case, follow the baking instructions listed in the recipe. Specifically, steps 1 through 4—we skipped the sauce on this one).
- Brush your burger with a very light layer of oil.
- Grill your burger on high heat for 3 – 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the burger.
For the Gluten-free Grilled Cheese Buns
- Spread non-dairy butter on the outside of each slice of bread, add your vegan cheese, and top with the second slice of bread.
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium-high and fry until golden brown. (About 3 minutes per side)
- Cut your fresh grilled cheese into circles using either a cookie cutter or cup. (Or go rustic and use the whole sandwich!)
For the Grilled Cheese Burger
- Top one grilled cheese circle with mayo, your favourite burger toppings and veggies, and your grilled burger patty then top everything with the other grilled cheese circle.
Makes 1 serving
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page for more easy plant-based gluten-free recipes. And make sure to follow our Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for loads of gluten-free foodie content and resources.