Get campfire feels without leaving your own backyard! This ooey-gooey gluten-free s’mores recipe is just like the real thing and a perfect summer snack for your family at home. Our S’mores Bread Pudding combines vegan marshmallows, dairy-free chocolate, and Little Northern Bakehouse gluten-free Millet & Chia bread in a sweet and smooth batter. Baked, broiled, and topped with gluten-free graham crackers, this treat pairs perfectly with spooky stories and shooting stars on the porch. This gluten-free s’mores recipe can be cooked in one large baking dish and served in bowls, or you can cook and serve in individual skillets. Who wants s’mores?!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350℉.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread pudding batter ingredients together, and set aside for 5 minutes to allow ingredients to meld together.
- Add the bread to the batter bowl, mixing until soaked and evenly coated.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and vegan marshmallows.
- Transfer mixture to an oven-safe baking dish or skillet.
- Bake until set and golden brown, with oozy marshmallows and melty chocolate (about 22 – 25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled, gluten-free graham cracker chunks.
- For more of a campfire cookout taste, you can broil the S’mores Bread Pudding for the last 5 minutes, watching carefully to ensure they don’t scorch. Or, after baking, top with extra marshmallows and broil for 5 minutes longer, monitoring closely for extra gooey deliciousness.
- Make sure the gluten-free graham chunks are large, for texture, and that they are added after baking so that they don’t dissolve in the batter liquid.
Want s’more recipes like this? Scroll down to the bottom of this page and subscribe to the Little Northern Bakehouse monthly newsletter!