Stuffing is an integral part of a Thanksgiving or holiday table, next to your favourite plant-based protein, some mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, salad, and a fresh and tart cranberry sauce. With these gluten-free stuffed pumpkins, we cooked up a great stuffing side dish using our delicious Seeds & Grains loaf. The result is moist, warm, familiar, and lightly herby. Stash this gluten-free stuffing in cute mini pumpkins like we did and watch your guests gush.
*If you can’t leave the bread cubes on your counter overnight, spread them onto a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until they begin to crisp. Let cool completely before using in the recipe.
- In a small bowl, make a flax egg by mixing together the ground flax and warm water. Allow the mix to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Warm oil in a medium pot and cook the shallots until soft. Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute before adding the pumpkin. Saute the veggie mixture for another 5 minutes. The add the raisins, fresh sage, fresh thyme, and cinnamon stirring to combine.
- Add the broth and bread cubes to the pot and gently toss until the bread is evenly coated and the liquid is mostly absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Meanwhile, grease a baking dish (or stuff into mini pumpkins like we did! Just scoop out the seeds first.
- Bake until set, 20 – 25 minutes and serve warm. Share & enjoy!