From candied yams to mashed potatoes to plant-based gravy, our anything-goes Gluten-free Holiday Leftovers Sandwich recipe makes leftovers sing!
The (next) best part of a holiday meal is the leftovers. But why just reheat that extra plate when you can transform those coveted scraps into a lunch you’ll look forward to all morning? Stack your favourite extra helpings between slices of our gluten-free Whole Grain Wide Slice and savour every, last morsel of holiday joy with a seriously satisfying gluten-free sandwich!
For the Sautéed Kale:
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and let cook until soft, but not browning.
- Bring up the heat to high, add the veggie stock or water, and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Gluten-free Holiday Leftovers Sandwich:
- Toast all 3 slices of Little Northern Bakehouse gluten-free bread.
- Spread a layer of vegan mayo or plant-based gravy on one slice of bread and top with a slice of lentil loaf (half slice or full), sautéed kale and any other ingredients you want to include.
- Add the next slice of bread and top with a layer of cranberry sauce. Then repeat fillings for the next level of the sandwich or switch it up with any other holiday leftovers you want to use.
- Add your top slice of bread and enjoy a handful—and mouthful—of gluten-free goodness!
Makes 1 serving.
With this recipe, you can experience the joy of Holiday dinner all over again. Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page and experience the joy of the real thing every month! Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for tons of easy gluten-free recipes.