Say “Aloha” to this easy gluten-free breakfast sandwich done the Island way! Sweet, savoury, and plant-based, it all starts with a wide slice of our Sweet Hawaiian gluten-free bread.
From there we pile on a flavour-packed stack of plant-based toppings. Smoked tofu and juicy pineapple, coupled with a kick of vegan sriracha mayo—this easy gluten-free open-faced breakfast sandwich is loaded with so much flavour, we can’t keep a lid on it!
Nobody likes a boring breakfast. So take your taste buds on a tropical trip with this easy gluten-free smoked tofu and pineapple sandwich!
- Preheat your ovens broiler to low.
- While the oven is heating, combine vegan mayo, hot sauce, and chili flakes in a bowl, stir to blend and set aside.
- Arrange Little Northern Bakehouse Sweet Hawaiian Wide Slice bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread spicy mayo mixture evenly on each slice, then top with 1 slice smoked tofu, 1 full pineapple slice and a handful of vegan cheese.
- Broil on low for 4 – 6 minutes or until cheese melts completely.
- Sprinkle with your favourite light herb, like parsley (optional) and serve warm.
- For a firmer base, lightly toast your bread before topping.
- Can’t find our gluten-free Sweet Hawaiian Wide Slice bread? Try our store locator first! No luck? Use our equally soft and generously-sized gluten-free White Wide Slice bread!
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page for more easy plant-based gluten-free recipes. And make sure to follow our Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for loads of gluten-free foodie content and resources.