Warm, sweet and jam-packed with summer fruit flavour, this Peach Oatmeal Gluten-free Slow Cooker Bread Pudding is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert with a healthy scoop of your favourite plant-based ice cream. This recipe is easy to make and easy to enjoy. Just pop it into your Instant Pot or slow cooker. Set it and walk away until you’re ready to serve!
For added convenience, you can sub in frozen peaches or dried peaches (but we don’t recommend canned peaches for this recipe. They’re already soft, so they don’t hold their shape well in the slow cooker). You can also use whatever kind of plant-based milk you have on hand. There are so many ways to make this easy and delicious “bressert”. Add the optional crumble for that sweet crunchy finish.
for the Slow Cooker Peach Oatmeal Gluten-free Bread Pudding:
- Prepare and add bread and peaches to your slow cooker (or Instant Pot)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the non-dairy milk, flax or chia eggs, jam, melted vegan butter, sugar, vanilla and spices. Allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour your vegan custard mix over the bread and peaches and cook on low for 2 – 2 1/2 hours. You’ll know the bread pudding is done when you are able to insert a knife or skewer into it and bring it out clean.
For the Oat Crumble Topping:
- In the last hour of your bread pudding’s cooking time, prepare the oat topping. Start by preheating your oven to 350℉.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon until you have a sandy, crumb-like texture.
- Spread topping onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven until crisp and golden brown, about 15 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Scoop warm Peach Oatmeal Gluten-free Bread Pudding from your slow cooker into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle each portion generously with oat topping, and serve with a scoop of your favourite plant-based ice cream or coconut whip.
Serves 4 – 6
In case of leftovers, store the oat crumble topping in a separate container to keep it crunchy. Reheat bread pudding before topping for a just-as-good-the-next-day treat!
Get more recipes like this one when you subscribe to the Little Northern Bakehouse newsletter at the bottom of this page. Follow us on Instagram for more gluten-free foodie content.