You have to try this tasty, trendy, Plant-based Gluten-free Custard Toast recipe—it’s like having dessert for breakfast! Our version of this TikTok recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, allergy-friendly, and just as delicious! Ready in less than 15 minutes, this dish is perfect for any time you get a craving for something sweet. Top your Plant-based Gluten-free Custard Toast with your favourite berries, fruits, or plant-based chocolate chips and you’ve got yourself the ultimate healthy treat!
- Preheat your oven to 400℉
- In a bowl (approximately 2 cups or larger) whisk together all ingredients thoroughly, and set aside.
- Place your bread slices on a flat, clean surface and use your fingers (or the bottom of a glass) to lightly press down the centre to form a shallow indentation (deep enough for your custard base to pool).
- Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon your plant-based custard mixture into the bread indentation until it is even with the top of the slice—do not overfill.
- Bake at 400℉ for 10 minutes or until the custard thickens.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, thinly sliced fruit, or plant-based chocolate chips.
- If using a toaster oven, increase the heat and bake at 425℉
- For a more lemony kick, add up to 2 tablespoons of lemon zest to your custard mix.
- No parchment? No problem! Line your baking sheet with foil and lightly spray or grease it to keep your custard from sticking.
- If you prefer cooked fruit, add in your favourite fruits during step 5, but be careful not to overflow your custard.
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page for more tasty, trendy, gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Looking to expand your gluten-free foodie horizons? Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest and get inspired!