Hearts of palm sub in for cheese in this plant-based version of a party favourite, and the results are crunchy, yummy, and delightful! Coated with our delicious homemade gluten-free breadcrumbs, these tasty morsels are sure to impress all your guests, vegan or not. But don’t wait for company—our gluten-free Plant-based Mozzarella Sticks make a marvellous movie night snack! And because they’re baked (not deep fried!) and made with a wholesome pantry staple that’s ready when you are (and help you sneak in an extra serving of veggies!), you can enjoy these savoury gluten-free, dairy-free dunkables guilt-free. Pass the marinara!
- If you haven’t already, prepare a batch of gluten-free breadcrumbs. (Tip: freeze and save heels and lonely last slices of your favourite Little Northern Bakehouse gluten-free bread).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat in a skillet, toast breadcrumbs in olive oil until golden. Add nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and mix well. Allow the mix to cool.
- Spread a very thin layer of mayonnaise over each heart of palm and dip it into the breadcrumbs one at a time. Pack the mixture on with your hands to ensure it’s evenly coated.
- Transfer the breaded hearts of palm to a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake until warmed through and crispy, about 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce or your favourite dip and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Scroll down to sign up for our newsletter to get more gluten-free goodness delivered fresh to your inbox. And follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to fill your social feed with foodie inspiration!