It’s a match made in heaven: The smooth lusciousness of pumpkin pie stuffed into the warm, cinnamony embrace of everyone’s favourite signature brunch dish. With lightly sweetened, creamy pumpkin filling and fall spices, no one will ever guess this decadent gluten-free breakfast is actually good for you, too.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, ground flax, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients: cream cheese, and mix until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- On one slice of bread, spread a generous layer of pumpkin filling and top with another slice. Dip one side of the sandwich in the liquid mixture and then the other side till it’s saturated, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Cook in the non-stick pan for 2-4 minutes each side and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with your favourite toppings like coconut whip, maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to get deliciously easy plant-based gluten-free recipes delivered fresh to your inbox every month. And follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to add gluten-free foodie inspiration to your feed!