Our gluten-free Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Breakfast Bowl is grown-up foodie fun inspired by childhood cereal bowl nostalgia. Breakfast bowls and sweet cinnamon sugar-inspired flavours are hot in the kitchen right now. This vegan breakfast bowl full of bite-size, gluten-free French toasts pairs comforting warmth with craveable cinnamon crunch.
Making this morning magic with our gluten-free Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Breakfast Bowl is easy. Soak squares of our gluten-free Sprouted 7 Grain Loaf in an allergy-friendly, French toast mixture. Pan-fry until golden and toasty. Then roll your miniature French toasts in cinnamon sugar coating to add a crispy crunch.
Top this breakfast bowl with maple syrup, jam, fruit, or a tiny splash of plant-based milk for an extra spoonful of sweetness! Warm and pillowy, this cinnamon crunch dish is totally Instagram-worthy—snap a shot and show us how you serve it best!
- Begin by making the soaking mixture. Combine plant-based milk, ground chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow mixture to slightly thicken.
- Cut bread slices into bite-sized cubes. Dip bread cubes into soaking mixture, ensuring the cube is fully battered, then place in a pre-heated and non-stick pan with melted non-dairy butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook until golden brown and no longer sticky, flipping occasionally to brown all sides.
- Remove French toast cubes from pan onto a baking sheet or plate. Combine 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl. Working in batches, roll warm French toast cubes in cinnamon sugar, then place cinnamon crunch French toast into individual serving bowls.
- Top with syrup, jam, or a splash of plant-based milk—whatever you prefer!
Serves 3 – 4
- For large portions, place battered bread squares onto a parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350℉ for 10 mins or until golden brown on one side. Then, flip cubes and broil until golden brown on the other side, watching closely to make sure cubes don’t burn.
- We rolled our bread cubes in a 2:1 cinnamon to sugar ratio. Feel free to experiment with this ratio if you prefer a more cinnamony (or sugary!) cinnamon sugar crunch bite!
- Don’t have coconut sugar? Try Demerara sugar for sweetness and crunch.
Stay on-trend in the kitchen! Get more gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipe inspiration by following us on Instagram or Facebook!