Nothing hits the spot like a cinnamon roll—it sweetens any weekend brunch. But as sweet as they are, making cinnamon rolls can be messy, time-consuming, and require a lot of love and labour. With this super simple recipe for Gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin Bagel French Toast Casserole, you can cut the time and effort it takes to make a delicious meal.
This recipe tastes just like a decadent cinnamon roll—except it’s vegan, gluten-free, and easier to make. This overnight breakfast casserole is perfect for feeding hungry families on holiday mornings. Make this french toast bake ahead of time for an easily portioned breakfast, dessert, or snack to enjoy throughout the week.
Taste the joy of the real thing with our gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin Bagels; covered in vegan butter, maple syrup, and an extra dash of cinnamon. Don’t worry, be happy! This irresistible recipe is allergy-friendly, plant-based, gluten-free, and—of course—delicious!
For the Baked Bagel French Toast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (If baking same day)
- Grease 9” ×13” glass baking dish with your favourite vegan butter or spray.
- Cut 1 full bag of Little Northern Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bagels into 1-inch cubes, and add to greased dish.
- In a large liquid measuring glass or small bowl, whisk together JUST Egg, oat milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Make sure the JUST Egg is fully beaten within the oat milk. Pour egg mixture over the shopped bagels. Be sure the mixture is very evenly distributed. Drizzle maple syrup over mixture.
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate overnight or immediately bake the casserole. Bake at 375º for 20– 25 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
- Cool casserole for about 5 minutes, and/or top with Icing Drizzle or organic icing sugar.
For the French Toast Icing Drizzle
- Place the powdered sugar in a medium-size bowl.
- Add the vegan creamer a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency, you’d like your icing or drizzle to be.
- Add the flavour extract of your choice – we used vanilla.
- Mix well and immediately drizzle over Gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin Bagel French Toast Casserole
- This Gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin Bagel French Toast Casserole recipe can be made ahead, however, if you don’t have room in your fridge to store you can simply make the batter ahead in a covered bowl, then pre-chop your bagels and place them back in the bagel bag the evening before. In the morning, mix together and follow from step 5 in the instructions.
- For an extra bit of sweetness, add a small amount of powdered icing sugar on top.
Scroll down to sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to stay in the loop on all things gluten-free. Level up your french toast game and make gluten-free french toast fit for true connoisseurs—check out our Gluten-free Test Kitchen: Vegan French Toast to learn how to make the best dairy-free, egg-free french toast batter.