Adapted from a recipe originally published on: https://www.healthylittlevittles.com/cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-cream-cheese-rollups/
These Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rollups feature vegan pumpkin cream cheese spread over gluten-free, vegan bread slices rolled up, dipped in plant butter, then coated in cinnamon sugar, and baked to perfection for a fun, easy holiday dessert!
So, here’s the thing. We are heading straight into the holiday season… the most wonderfully busy time of the year, consumed with gift buying and wrapping, holiday parties, family dinners, and lots and lots of baking. But of course, we don’t want to have holiday FOMO—so we wake up extra early to get a head start on the days leading up to the new year sneaking in any extra minutes we can to check off our holiday to-do lists. Sound at all familiar?
Even with all the hustle and bustle, I love love love the holiday season, and I absolutely love all the desserts that consume a significant part of my diet in November and December. But hey, it’s good to let ourselves indulge a little here and there, and these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rollups sure do allow us to do that, but in a healthier sort of way using quality ingredients that are gluten-free, vegan, egg and dairy-free. Not to mention they are incredibly easy to make.
There’s no fancy dough, or planning time to allow the dough to rise, thanks to using a fun little hack- sliced bread! And of course not just any bread, we’re talking Little Northern Bakehouse Gluten-Free, Vegan Wide Slice Bread.
From there you’ll cut the crusts off of each slice, microwave one slice of bread at a time for 12-15 seconds, then gently roll the slice of bread flat with a rolling pin, making sure to get the ends well. You’ll then spread a thin layer of pumpkin cream cheese over each slice, roll them up, dip them in melted butter, coat in the cinnamon sugar and bake for about 15 minutes (that’s right! No heavy oils or frying here!) I mean, are you intrigued yet?! A gooey pumpkin cream cheese filling with a crispy cinnamon sugar coating… So. Good.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together the pumpkin cream cheese ingredients until well incorporated. Place it in the fridge while you prep the rest.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the 3/4 cup of sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon, and set aside.
- In another small bowl, microwave the butter until melted, about 30-45 seconds.
- Next, cut the crusts off of each bread slice. Microwave ONE OR TWO SLICES OF BREAD AT A TIME for 13-15 seconds, then gently roll the slice of bread flat with a rolling pin, making sure to get the ends well.
- Spread about 1.5 tablespoons of pumpkin cream cheese on the slice of bread, then roll up each slice.
- Dip the roll in the melted butter, then gently roll it in the cinnamon sugar and place it with the seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process for all of the slices.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with vegan caramel or melted chocolate if desired!
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to stay in the loop on all things gluten-free! And follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for gluten-free foodie recipes and inspiration.