With a simple can of pumpkin purée, a trusty jar of pumpkin spice, and a handful of pantry staples, you’re only four steps away from homemade pumpkin spice butter—the easiest, most delicious thing you can spread on sliced gluten-free bread.
Fill your kitchen with the warm, inviting aroma of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and sweet maple syrup. And get ready to spread a generous layer of fall flavour on just about anything! With our mouthwateringly simple allergy-friendly pumpkin spice butter recipe, gluten-free waffles, pancakes, bagels, thin crust pizzas, and toasts will line up to help you find the perfect delivery vehicle for this scrumptious spiced spread.
So grab a spoon and take this recipe for a spin (we won’t tell if you lick the saucepan after it cools!)
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan or pot over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
- Once it begins to bubble, reduce the heat and let it simmer on low. Cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat off and let sit covered for 5 minutes. Adjust spices and sweetness as desired (if needed)
- Top your favourite Little Northern Bakehouse gluten-free breads and baked goods and enjoy! (We tried it on our Thin Artisan-style Pizza Crusts, and on lightly toasted Sprouted 7 Grain Bread and Plain Bagels—and they were all so good we couldn’t decide which we loved more! (Guess we’ll have to make another batch and try some more!)
- Cover and pop into the fridge to use over the next 5-7 days.
Scroll down and subscribe to our newsletter for more delicious gluten-free recipes. What will you add pumpkin butter to? Show us your makes! Post your creations on Instagram and tag us @littlenorthernbakehouse!