Let the taste of summer linger all year long with our Gluten-free topical Nice Cream Sandwich recipe! Ice cream sandwiches are a deliciously good way to beat the heat—or just kindle your hopes of warmer days to come.
We gave our gluten-free ice cream sandwich a tropical twist that will transport you to dreamy locales from the comfort of your own backyard. Share this plant-based version of a classic treat with your friends and family too—this recipe is perfectly sized for sharing!
This recipe makes enough Pineapple Banana Coconut Nice Cream for 12 gluten-free Tropical Nice Cream Sandwiches. While that’s wonderful for treating a crowd, you can easily scale down for smaller occasions. Simply make the whole batch of nice cream, but only take out as much as you need. Then, cover the top with an airtight lid or plastic wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. The next time you go around to make this recipe, half the work will already be done. Which means you can enjoy this tasty gluten-free treat even faster! Try them today to experience the joy of the real thing!
For the Pineapple Banana Coconut Nice Cream:
- Line a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper
- Gather all the Pineapple Banana Coconut Nice Cream ingredients and combine them in high-powered blender or food processor.
- Blend or process on low speed for until it becomes thick and creamy (time will vary by blender).
- Pour nice cream mixture into prepped baking dish.
- Freeze for 4+ hours and store up to 6 months.
To assemble the Gluten-free Tropical Nice Cream Sandwiches:
- Remove Pineapple Banana Coconut Nice Cream from freezer about 10 – 20 minutes before prepping your sandwiches.
- Toast 24 pieces (2 slices per serving) of Little Northern Bakehouse Sweet Hawaiian Bread
- Remove crusts and cut toasted bread to squares
- Cut Pineapple Banana Coconut Nice Cream into 12 even squares.
- Add 1 slice nice cream in between 2 slices bread.
- Dip or roll each side of your assembled sandwich into the toasted coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 12 Servings.
- Make sure you use a creamy coconut milk like Silk, as a water-based coconut milk will make the nice cream crystallize.
- You don’t need to wait the full 10 – 20 minutes to serve, but doing so allows the nice cream to thaw a little, so it’s easier to cut.
- Double down on the tropical flavour—try our Gluten-free Tropical Nice Cream Sandwiches with our Sweet Hawaiian Wide Slice bread!
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page and get more gluten-free, allergy-friendly recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for more gluten-free foodie content.