We’re here to answer the age old question…does pineapple belong on pizza? We think yes and raise your fruit-on-pizza dreams one more with BBQ pulled jackfruit. This sweet and savoury combo has something for everyone in each slice to make this BBQ Pineapple and Pulled Jackfruit Pizza recipe our new Little Northern Bakehouse office favourite! Versatile jackfruit’s savoury side shines next to sweet grilled pineapple on our Thin Artisan Style Gluten-Free Pizza Crust to give you a heavenly slice of za you’ll want to eat any (every?!) day of the week. ⠀
For the pizza base:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (or use a pizza oven if you have one!)
- Mix together pizza sauce and BBQ sauce and spread generously on one Little Northern Bakehouse pizza crust (thickness of your choice (we used Thin)), leaving no more than 1 1/2-inches bare at the edge.
- Spread pulled jackfruit evenly over your sauced pizza base, then sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese.
- On a grill or in a stovetop grill pan (we used our panini press!), grill your pineapple rings until they have grill marks on both sides. Remove pineapple rings from the grill and chop into bite-sized pieces and scatter evenly over your pizza base.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pizza base from oven and transfer to a serving platter or board before topping.
For the toppings:
- While your pizza base bakes, prepare your fresh toppings. Peel and slice your red onion as thinly as you can (for super-fine slices, use a mandolin (with the safety guard!) if you have one). Wash and chop your bell pepper into bite-size chunks. Wash and drain your pea shoots well. Halve your avocado, pit and peel, then chop into rustic pieces.
- Working quickly, decorate your hot pizza with bell peppers and finely sliced red onion. Sprinkle with pea shoots.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!