Having the gang over for the big game on Sunday? Serve up our halftime showstopping vegan Buffalo Chickn Pizza! Enjoy classic game-watching fare that’s gluten-free, meatless, and popular with fans of all ages. Start with a coin toss for which Artisan Style Pizza Crust will win the day: original or extra crispy thin? Why not prepare a few of each? Mix and match everyone’s favourite toppings for the touchdown. Go for extra points with a kick—add hot sauce and spicy guac on the side. You’ll be game MVP with this zingy, zesty ‘za on the menu!
For the buffalo chickn:
- Place soy curls in a medium bowl and cover with warmed veggie broth. Let sit until curls are softened.
- Break them into bite size chunks.
- In a medium pan, melt buttery spread. Add seasonings and soy curls and toss to coat.
To assemble the pizza:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (or use a pizza oven if you have one!).
- Spread the goat-style cheese over the pizza crust. Top with mozzarella-style shreds, seasoned soy curls, and extra drizzle of hot sauce mixture, as well as green onion and celery slices, if using.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pizza base from oven and transfer to a serving platter or board. Top with celery leaves, sour cream and guacamole, if using
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Tackle this recipe ahead of time! Slice toppings and prepare soy curls as directed. Store in air-tight containers in the fridge until you’re ready to decorate your pizza crusts.
Hosting a potluck on game day? If you’re quarterbacking with the main dish, how do you make sure everyone is bringing complementary foods and beverages?