Turn up the halftime heat with our showstopping Vegan Buffalo Chickn Pizza! Enjoy classic game-watching fare that’s gluten-free, meatless, and popular with fans of all ages. Start with a coin toss for which Artisan Style Pizza Crust will win the day: original or extra crispy thin? Why not prepare one (or a few!) of each? Mix and match your favourite toppings for the touchdown.
Our Vegan Buffalo Chickn Pizza delivers all the tender and juicy chew you’d expect, minus the meat but fuelled with flavour. In this recipe, we’ve substituted chicken for a new player: soy curls. Made of non-GMO soybeans and sold dehydrated, all soy curls need are a quick soak in veggie broth to be game-day delicious. When they plump up, they’re ready to be tossed in paprika, garlic powder, and maple syrup for serious flavour action. These meatless bites pair perfectly with non-dairy goat-style cheese, non-dairy mozza shreds, and a classic buffalo chickn toppings like green onions, celery and non-dariy sour cream. Go for extra points with a kick—add hot sauce and spicy guac on the side.
Even if your home team this season is just you and the people you live with, you’ll be MVP with this zingy, zesty ‘za on the menu!
For the buffalo chickn:
- Place soy curls in a medium bowl and cover with warmed veggie broth. Let sit until curls are softened.
- Break them into bite size chunks.
- In a medium pan, melt buttery spread. Add seasonings and soy curls and toss to coat.
To assemble the pizza:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (or use a pizza oven if you have one!).
- Spread the goat-style cheese over the pizza crust. Top with mozzarella-style shreds, seasoned soy curls, and extra drizzle of hot sauce mixture, as well as green onion and celery slices, if using.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pizza base from oven and transfer to a serving platter or board. Top with celery leaves, sour cream and guacamole, if using
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Tackle this recipe ahead of time! Slice toppings and prepare soy curls as directed. Store in air-tight containers in the fridge until you’re ready to decorate your pizza crusts.