Who said pizza was only for lunch or dinner? This delicious gluten-free dessert pizza is the perfect finale for a meal that welcomes everyone in your family to the table, allergies and all. Slather our classic, doughy Original Artisan Style Gluten-Free Pizza Crust with a generous layer of our allergy-friendly, nut-free chocolate sunflower seed butter. Then top your freshly baked base with fresh fruits and dollops of coconut cream or your favourite non-dairy yogurt. When you make this gluten-free Dessert Pizza with Chocolate Spread and Banana Berry Topping, there’s a slice of pie for everyone…sharing optional!
For the pizza base:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (or use a pizza oven if you have one!).
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, puree sunflower seeds until smooth and thick.
- Add remaining pizza sauce ingredients and process until you have a rich, creamy, chocolatey sunflower seed butter
- Spread one Little Northern Bakehouse pizza crust (thickness of your choice (we used Original)) with a generous layer of chocolate sunflower seed butter (this recipe makes enough chocolate sunflower butter to cover two pizzas!), leaving no more than 1 1/2-inches bare at the edge.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pizza base from oven and transfer to a serving platter or board before topping.
For the toppings:
- While your pizza base bakes, slice banana and prepare berries of your choice. Working quickly once your pizza comes out of the oven, decorate your hot pizza with fresh fruit.
- Gently warm nut-free butter until it’s a pourable consistency, then drizzle with flair (especially if the party has been drawn into your kitchen by the chocolatey aroma!).
- Top with dollops of coconut whip or non-dairy yogurt, or a splash of coconut cream for extra decadence, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Tip: Coconut whip and non-dairy yogurt will melt fast on a hot pizza, so add these toppings right before you slice and serve!
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Serves 2 – 4
Love this gluten-free dessert pizza recipe? Get more gluten-free pizza ideas on our Pizza Roundup post. Follow @littlenorthernbakehouse on Instagram, like us on Facebook, or scroll down to subscribe to our monthly email for inspiration.